Friday, May 18, 2012

Hunger Games DIY: Nightlock Berries Necklace

‪So bearliz2222‬ from YouTube requested that I make nightlock berries...only a few hours ago...and I scrambled to make this tutorial and upload it in the same night!

The berries are made from navy blue polymer clay, and I just added them to the liquid (Elmers clear glue + blue & red food coloring) without baking them. The bottle on the right was my first try and I added way too much food coloring...so don't make that mistake.

I almost always work on a black granite tile from Home Depot, that costs about $5.00. I loved them so much that I convinced my friend to make an entire table covered in them so I could have multiple work spaces. Nine tiles were used in all.


Of course I made the Nightlock berries into a necklace that will go into my bottle collection.

Also about Nightlock berries:

Nightlock is a wild plant with poisonous berries that Katniss Everdeen and Peeta Mellark used to win the 74th Hunger Games. Katniss first heard this kind of plant from her father. The berries are infamous for the lethal poisonous juices that are inside. - The Hunger Games Wiki

Have fun & Make your own!
XOX,
Toni

4 comments:

  1. Wow.I love The Hunger Games :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What brand of clay do you use? I know it's polymer clay, but I was just wondering about the brand. (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for this!!! I love the Hunger Games :)

    ReplyDelete